Boys have many opportunities to foster their sporting interests at The Mall School. Each week the boys will participate in PE, Swimming and Games lessons to develop independence and cooperation through physical activities.
Every boy will have the chance to represent the school locally in sport where attributes such as tenacity, perseverance and comradeship are highly valued. Our strongest performers are stretched through competition at National Level and our Inter-House system ensures all boys compete on an appropriate stage.
The wide range of extra-curricular sports activities enhances and extends the curricular provision and offers the boys breadth and depth to their time at the school.
- To help the children understand Sport.
- The achievement of a sufficient level of skill to enable physical activities to be pursued in later life.
- That every boy should be helped and encouraged to develop his full potential in a relaxed, happy, and yet ordered framework.
- To stimulate optimum growth and development and to provide opportunities for the positive use of energy.
- To use sport as a vehicle for social; and moral improvement. Eg. Good sportsmanship, team spirit, how to win and lose, acceptable behaviour on and off the field.